Event planning checklist
- NYU Law faculty, administrators, and students should request rooms and anticipated event services (e.g. media services, catering) as early in the planning process as possible via the following links:
- Review cost information for AV production services
- Review NYU campus access rules and request visitor access for speakers, VIPs, and guests who are not current NYU employees or students
- Campus safety personnel are required to be stationed at the 108 West Third Street entrance to D'Agostino Hall for the duration of all events in Lipton Hall and Faculty Club. Campus safety personnel are also required to escort visitors to the Law School who are accompanied by government agency law enforcement and security personnel. Please use this link to request campus safety services: NYU ServiceLink
- List your program on the Law School’s event calendar
- Contact Michael Orey from our Communications team if you plan to invite press
- Contact the Dean’s Office Institutional Events team if you plan to invite the Dean to speak at your programs or if you invite speakers from local, national or foreign governmental agencies to your programs
- New York University encourages all event conveners to abide by the Green Events Standard, particularly for events with 50 or more participants. Plan your events according to the NYU Green Events Standard
Please submit all room and service requests no later 5:00 p.m. on Monday, at least two weeks before your event date. Please note that we prioritize room and service requests for NYU School of Law classes and programs.
Our space request form will walk you through many of the above steps. However, if you have additional questions about services after you complete the room request form, please use the information below:
- Media services (microphones, recording, hybrid format, etc.): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catering orders: Plated
- Furniture set-up for catered events: the Chartwells team will reach out to you
- Furniture set-up for non-catered events: AdministrativeService@mercury.law.vipsyeezyapp.com
Event planners who need general advice about coordinating events at the Law School may email questions to the Dean’s Office Institutional Events team at email@example.com.